The role of a Program Committee members is to develop the technical program for the conference by soliciting and selecting the papers to be included in the conference’s technical program and other sessions. One or more members of the Program Committee may also serve as Session Chairpersons at the event.
The Conference Program Committee will vary in size and responsibility, but in general each Committee will have one or two Program Chairpersons who will lead the Committee
in its function and direct how they achieve their goals for papers and/or presentations.
Through the volunteer database data and other resources, the Program Chairperson(s) appoint members to the Conference Program Committee. The Committee should consist of members who represent a cross-section of the technical topics and geographic areas to be covered by the program. Depending upon the conference the Committee may include members from other societies.
Deliverables and Expectations
- Establish the program goals and determine the key areas/categories for sessions
- Direct and participate in the paper solicitation effort
- Review, rate and select papers for the conference program
- Serve as or select appropriate persons to serve as Session Chairpersons during the conference
- Correspond with authors before the event to ensure their participation